I do adventure sports because I love connecting to nature and sharing that with my friends & family. Our planet is the ultimate gym, it's a way to challenge ourselves, respect ourselves and the environment and center our world to find peace. I can enjoy a simple nature hike with my child or a grueling 24-hour race in the pouring, freezing rain, it is truly about the journey. I come away from every experience feeling better, energized and open. Experiencing the outdoors through fitness and adventure is the best way to travel the world. You constantly grow and learn more and meet the coolest people.
Accomplishments and Interests
- From Nashville and MIddle TN area, recent resident of ATL
- Teaching a variety of group fitness classes since 1989. Favs: SPIN and H20 FItness ---now including paddleboard
- Married 10 yrs, 1 son, 1 dog and 1 cat.
- Owned and operated Adventure Paddle for 2 yrs (closed when we moved to ATL)
- BBA- Middle TN State Univ. MBA-Webster Univ
- Presently work with Mtn High Outfitters
- Volunteer at GA Aquarium
- Triathlete (Sprint to Iron-Distance)
- Adventure Race
- Love to snow ski, knee board, hike, sail, scuba, travel, trail run, bike, mtn bike, create digital photobooks, read, movies, and be with my family & friends!
- Best races: Double Dog Dare, Wild Thang Trail Run, 50k Ice Age Trail Run, The Great Floridian (Iron Distance Tri), Chicago and NYC Marathons, Seaside Half Marathon, Jailbreak Off Road Tri, Moon Pie Run, Chattanooga Waterfront Tri, Upside Down Adv Race, Xterra in Eureka Springs and Lock 4, Peachtree 10k, Music City Triathlon, Mtn Lakes Triathlon, Beach2Battleship Triathlon and Bone Island Triathlon, Chattajack31 and The Music City SUP Race. I'm sure Ivg a few out...I've been racing 2- years.